Sunday 17 October 2021

BOOK REVIEW: Grandma Is Probably Not A Witch


TITLE: Grandma Is Probably Not A Witch
AUTHOR: A.S Cureton
PUBLISHED BY: Pegasus Elliot MacKenzie Publishers

I loved the premise of this book; there is something about it which will appeal to both children and adults reading it. It's different from the usual children’s books; it is clever, witty and interesting. I saw something new each time I read it.

It is told from the perspective of a granddaughter who questions whether her Grandma is a witch from the things she does and the things she says. 

It is an unusual book in that it is depicted in black and white, not many children’s books are like this, they are usually brightly coloured. The quirky illustrations are meticulously drawn in pencil with lots of hidden information in them; I found myself staring at them for long periods searching out the fine details, they really drew me in.

The book is a compact size for small hands to manage and has a gothic appearance about it without being scary; it is an excellent choice for children of all ages who will find it funny, imaginative and thought-provoking.

Reviewer - Anne Pritchard


No comments:

Post a Comment