Friday 24 September 2021

NEWS: Scarlette releases her latest single, 'Where I Belong'.


SCARLETTE

     ‘WHERE I BELONG’     

 

THE NEW SINGLE FEATURING J.R. RICHARDS 

OUT NOW

 

English singer-songwriter Scarlette Fever enlists DISHWALLA’s J.R. Richards for a transcendent serenade in ‘Where I Belong’, an effervescent love song that ends in happily ever after. 

 

Music is not what I do, it’s who I am,” voices Scarlette, noting how she grew up infatuated by headstrong women in music with big hair and big voices; Aretha FranklinDusty SpringfieldTina TurnerDolly Parton and Whitney Houston. “Even though they’re from different genres, they all have one thing in common… their music is raw and comes straight from the heart. That’s exactly what you get from me. 

 

Following the twangy ‘Gone Is Good’ released earlier in the year, Scarlette’s new track, ‘Where I Belong’ taken from her upcoming new album, sees the singer unshackled from ongoing heartbreak and into a life filled with adoration for her wife Ezel – the muse behind the song 

 

Scarlette on the track: “My life so far has been a pretty intense rollercoaster, I’ve definitely had my fair share of heartache and loss which was the inspiration behind most of my songs from my first two albums. I wouldn’t go back to being in my twenties for all the tea in China! Thankfully, my thirties have brought me my wife Ezel and as a result so much love and joy. ‘Where I Belong’ is a love song dedicated to my her and this story ends with me getting the girl and a happily ever after. 

 

The guitar driven lullaby acts as an ode to devotion, lead with the earnest chorus: “You’ve made your mark / Stitched together pieces of my broken heart / Kissed the cuts of loneliness that truly encapsulates thstrong connection between two beings. 

 

Joining the track is J.R. Richards of platinum-selling rock-band DISHWALLA, whose career spans over 25 years with accolades for Billboard’s ‘Rock Song of the Year 1996 and 2 ASCAP Awards for ‘Song of the Year’ in both 1997 and 1998. Now an independent artist with 4 solo albums under his belt, J.R. Richards is currently writing his 10th album, joining Scarlette in between sessions to guest and co-produce ‘Where I Belong’, where his heartening contribution doesn’t go unnoticed. 

 

Scarlette’s extensive career has seen acclaimed support within the UK media, from tabloid pop pages and teen press, to securing the stamp of approval from Popjustice and prestigious appearances on the BBC Radio 2 playlist + many more. As well as obtaining two Top 5 singles in the Billboard Dance Charts with her debut single ‘Crash and Burn’ & remix track ‘P.S. I Hate You’ in collaboration with Jason Nevins (Run–D.M.C.N.E.R.D.), Scarlette has stepped onto the stages of ample renowned venues across the world including Royal Albert HallHammersmith ApolloBirmingham ArenaIsle of Wight FestivalBlue Bird Café in Nashville and West Hollywood’s Viper Room. 


Scarlette Fever’s new single, ‘Where I Belong’ is out now. Stay tuned for more information on the new album – details coming soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment