Friday 26 August 2022

THEATRE REVIEW: Circa: Humans 2.0 - Underbelly's Circus Hub On The Meadow (The Lafayette), Edinburgh.


Circa Contemporary Circus have just become my favourite physical theatre / contemporary dance / contemporary circus outfit.

In a show lasting 60 minutes, 10 super-fit humans presented a show which was so slick, so professional, so perfect, that it is hard to find anything to write about! These are acrobats at the absolute top of their game and peak of physical prowess, and they balance and tumble in a series of almost death-defying feats. Some of the leaps simply took my breath away! Not only that but there was aerial work too. All to a contemporary music score and appropriate lighting.

If I had to make any criticism at all, then I would question the need for such revealing final costumes, as they tended to distract one's eye and attention from the performance, and I didn't understand the need for them.

However, bravissimi tutti, I can hardly wait until I have the chance to watch another of your shows in the future!

Reviewer - Matthew Dougall
on - 25.8.22

No comments:

Post a Comment